- This event has passed.
CARERS Program (for Spouses)
February 5 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
When is the next program?
February 5 to March 25, 2020 (Every Wednesday)
How Can I Join?
Assessment is required.
In Toronto/ GTA: Contact the Reitman Centre at 416-586-4800 ext. 5882, [email protected] or Alzheimer Society of Toronto
Rest of Ontario: Contact your local Alzheimer Society using our Find A Program Location tool.
What will I learn?
- Focuses on practical skills and emotional supports needed to care for people with living with dementia
- Teaches problem solving techniques, a structured approach to address problems
- Coaches care partners in communication skills through the use of simulation
- Provides strategies for keeping a meaningful relationship with the person living with dementia
- CARERS is an evidence-based program developed by the Reitman Centre, Sinai Health System in Toronto
CARERS program runs for 8 weeks, 2 hours per session, maximum 6 care partners/ caregivers in group.
CARERS program is free of charge to care partners of people living with dementia.