By pressing ‘Submit’, you are consenting for the Dementia Care Partner Administrator to send an email with a link to activate your account to the email address provided.
Read or download the Dementia Care Partner Participant Agreement (PDF version)
Text of Dementia Care Partner Participant Agreement
Dementia Care Partner Network Participant Agreement
You are asked to review and accept the terms of this agreement before you proceed to the Dementia Care Partner Network website. This agreement contains three main sets of topics: a description of the content of the website (and its limits), requirements for posting and uploading content, and other terms.
Dementia Care Partner Network Content
1. The Dementia Care Partner Network website owned by Sinai Health System (“Sinai Health”) provides dementia related general information and access to Sinai Health clinician moderated message boards and events to assist care partners of people living with dementia with their caregiving role.
2. All of the content on the Dementia Care Partner Network website is provided for informational purposes only. Neither Sinai Health, nor any third party posting or uploading information on the Dementia Care Partner Network website, is providing medical or psychiatric advice on the Dementia Care Partner Network website. The presentation of general information on the Dementia Care Partner Network website does not establish a clinician-patient (or clinician-client) relationship between you and Sinai Health (or any of its physicians or clinicians) and is not intended as an invitation to individuals to become patients or clients of Sinai Health (or any of its physicians or clinicians).
3. The information provided on the Dementia Care Partner Network website is not a substitute for professional medical or psychiatric advice, diagnosis or treatment. Before acting or relying on the information for your situation (and/or the person(s) for whom you provide care), please consult a physician, regulated health professional or emergency department in your area. The use of information appearing on, or provided in relation to, the Dementia Care Partner Network website is at your own risk.
4. In the preparation of the Dementia Care Partner Network website, efforts have been made to offer the most current and correct general information possible. Nevertheless, errors or omissions may occur, and the Dementia Care Partner Network website should not be thought of as a comprehensive source on a particular topic. Sinai Health assumes no any responsibility for any such errors or omissions, and will not be liable for damages of any kind in connection with the use of this information. Sinai Health also reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.
Posting and Uploading on the Dementia Care Partner Network
5. The Dementia Care Partner Network website may provide features which allow you to post messages and content to designated areas on the Dementia Care Partner Network website to interact with other participants and to upload files, documents, or other materials. You acknowledge that you alone are responsible for the content of your Posts and the consequences thereof.
6. If you choose to post or upload material (“Post”), do not include personally identifiable information, such as your name or contact information. If you choose to disclose personally identifiable information, you do so at your own risk. SINAI HEALTH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DISCLOSED BY ANY PARTICIPANT.
7. If you do choose to Post, you must also not:
a. Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Dementia Care Partner Network website, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper workings of the Dementia Care Partner Network website, or do anything, which in the sole discretion of Sinai Health, imposes an unreasonable or large load on the Dementia Care Partner Network website infrastructure;
b. Post any material which contains a virus or other harmful component;
c. Post “junk mail,” “chain letters,” unsolicited mass mailing, or “spam”;
d. Post any unlawful, abusive or obscene information of any kind, including any Post constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation;
e. Post any material, including articles, images, stories, software, or other material, which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, or which is protected by any intellectual property rights, without first obtaining permission from Sinai Health and/or the rights holder; or
f. Use or “mine” the Dementia Care Partner Network website for commercial purposes, including for advertising, engaging in commercial activities, solicitations or sales, or for contests, sweepstakes, advertising or pyramid schemes.
8. Sinai Health does not control the content of any Posts and has no obligation to monitor the Posts. Sinai Health reserves the right at all times, to edit, refuse to post, or refuse to remove any Post, in whole or in part, that, in Sinai Health’s sole discretion, is objectionable or in violation of this Agreement. A Sinai Health clinician may read and comment on any post on the Dementia Care Partner Network, but such commentary must not be considered to be advice to any particular care partner or an invitation to further communication with the clinician or Sinai Health.
10. Sinai Health may, in its sole discretion, cancel or terminate your right to use the Dementia Care Partner Network website, or any part of the Dementia Care Partner Network website, at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the Dementia Care Partner Network website, or the part of the Dementia Care Partner Network website affected by such cancellation or termination. The terms, including the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this Agreement, shall survive termination of this Agreement. Sinai Health shall not be liable to any party for such termination.
11. This Agreement will be governed and interpreted by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable in that Province, excluding any conflicts of law rules that would apply a different body of law, and any dispute that cannot be resolved between the parties will be resolved by the Courts of the Province of Ontario.
12. While efforts are made to ensure that this Dementia Care Partner Network website operates reliably, Sinai Health does not make any promises regarding the condition or functionality of the Dementia Care Partner Network website or that the service it provides will be uninterrupted or error-free.
dcpn (tyze) member agreement 20181205 2018/12/05