The Enhancing Care for Ontario Care Partners Program is built on the unique CARERS Program methodology with a history of evidence-based success in achieving desirable health outcomes for care partners who participate in the intensive 8-week group program. Another Enhancing Care Program called TEACH offers participants in the 4-week group program a modified version of the CARERS Program. These two Enhancing Care Programs are offered in-person and/or online by all partner sites across Ontario. Assessment is provided to all care partners in the Enhancing Care Program and individual clinical services are provided to care partners who cannot or are not suitable to participate in group programs. As a result of provincial interest and demand, Mindfulness Programs for care partners of persons living with dementia are now offered offer at three Enhancing Care Program locations in Ontario.
About the Reitman Centre, Sinai Health
The Cyril & Dorothy, Joel & Jill Reitman Centre for Alzheimer’s Support and Training addresses the needs of care partners of persons living with dementia. The Reitman Centre’s clinical services and programs include:
- Enhancing Care for Ontario Care Partners Program
- direct therapeutic care and skills training for caregivers
- consultations to professionals dealing with complex caregiver-based dementia management problems
- training for professionals in caregiver management techniques
- research leadership and consultation